Think of the Southwest as our “close quarters” trail pack. When the route is thick with vegetation that fails to recognize personal space, requires the occasional up and over immovable objects, and calls for “suck in your gut and shimmy through” type moves, the Southwest’s solid and durable Dyneema® Hardline panel pockets will keep those contents you want to easily grab throughout the day protected and free from any unwanted snags. The superlight and time-tested main compartment of the Southwest is constructed with 100% waterproof Dyneema® Composite Fabrics, so regardless of where your chosen trail is heading, and despite what Mother Nature feels like sharing each day, your chances of unpacking dry gear at camp are better than great.
The 3400 volume size (55L) is ideal for weekend, section, or thru hikes where resupply points are less frequent, or for equipment flexibility. When the extra volume is not in use, the 3400’s top can roll down enough to make the overall size of the pack similar to the 2400, but that additional space can come in pretty handy when you need it.
For the best experience possible with our backpacks, we recommend you complete your pack with our Pods and Stuff Sacks. They’re the key to a comfortable, highly-organized, and nearly 100% waterproof pack system.
- 2.00 lbs | 32.11 oz | 910g (White) *Weight may vary slightly by torso size.
- 2.18 lbs | 34.97 oz | 991g (Black) *Weight may vary slightly by torso size.
- Load capacity: Up to 40 lbs
- Internal Volume: 3400 cu. in. (55L)
- External Volume: 600 cu. in. (9.8L)
- Center Pocket Volume: 300 cu. in.
- Side Pockets Volume: 150 cu. in.
- Top Circumference: 40” | 101.6cm
- Bottom Circumference: 33.5” | 85.1cm
- Height (fully unrolled): 34” | 86.4cm
- Back Width: 10.5” | 26.7cm
- Made in Maine
- Three external, solid Hardline with Dyneema® pockets
- Removable, contoured aluminum stays
- Hardline with Dyneema® shoulder straps with 3/8” closed cell foam and spacer mesh
- 1/4” foam back panel pad
- Compression System
- Hardline with Dyneema® dual-density hip belt with 1/8” closed cell rigid foam, 1/4” closed cell foam and spacer mesh
- Hardline with Dyneema® zippered pockets on hip belt with #5 YKK zipper
- Adjustable sternum strap with self-tensioning elastic
- Ice Axe loop
- Hydro port and internal mesh hydro sleeve
- Four exterior triglide buckles for optional pack accessory straps
- Proprietary seam sealing on all side seams and behind all sewn-on pack features