Ideal for long alpine routes and tricky weather windows, the Black Diamond 7.9 is built for the mountains. Featuring a burly sheath that uses a 2X2 weave construction to lengthen the rope’s lifespan, the 7.9 also boasts a dry treated core and sheath, which protects it from the inside out against moisture. With easily identifiable middle markers, the BD 7.9’s are specifically designed to be used in pairs as half ropes or twins for an alpine or multi-pitch set-up, making them perfect for anything the mountains have to offer.
- Dry Performance—With a core and sheath that are dry treated, our dry treated ropes are protected against weather from the inside out.
- 2X2 Woven Sheath—Utilizing a 2X2 weave construction, our standard sheath is built to withstand everyday use.
- Durability and Handling Balance—Purpose-built to balance both durability and great handling, our ropes are not too stiff and not too soft, giving you a great feeling rope that knots easily, feeds through your belay device with ease, yet holds up to a barrage of use.
- Half/twin ropes must be used in pairs. Do not use as a single rope.
- Rope Type: Half/Twin
- UIAA Factor Falls: 6 [Half] 16 [Twin]
- Weight Per Meter: 39g
- Static Elongation: 6.7% [Half] 7% [Twin}
- Dynamic Elongation: 34% [Half] 32% [Twin]
- Impact Force: 5.4kN [Half] 7.8 kN [Twin]
- Sheath: Dry 2x2 Woven Sheath
- Sheath Slippage: 0%
- Half Mark: Yes