The easy to use, safe, high performance technical cleaner for hydrophobic and regular down filled clothing and gear. The only technical cleaner specifically designed for hydrophobic and regular down which cleans effectively, while restoring water repellency and maintaining fill power and insulation.
Nikwax Down Wash Direct has been specifically designed and optimized for down filled gear. It is a highly effective cleaner which removes body oils and dirt from both the fabric and the down fill. It also restores the Durable Water Repellency (DWR) of both the outer fabric and the down. This protects against rain and condensation, preventing the item from wetting out and maintaining the natural insulating properties of down. Additionally it revives breathability, allowing moisture vapour to pass through the item, optimizing performance in cold and damp conditions.
Nikwax Down Wash Direct prolongs the effective life of your down gear. It is the safe way to thoroughly clean your down clothing and equipment. Application in a washing machine is quick, easy, and ensures that the whole item is thoroughly cleaned.
- Sleeping bags and very large jackets are best hand washed in a bath or equivalent and then spin dried in a washing machine.
- Use neat Down Wash Direct to treat stubborn stains before washing. Remove all non-washable parts. Shake well before use. Follow care label instructions. Do not use conventional detergents.
- How to use:
- Use a front-loading washing machine only.
- Remove all detergent build-up from the detergent dispenser.
- Place maximum 2 items in washing machine.
- Add 100 ml.
- Wash according to care label, preferably on low setting and slow spin.
- After the washing cycle has finished run multiple spin cycles, each time incrementally increasing the spin speed, to remove excess water.