The Freerider Pro has all the features and flexible capacity you need for multi-day winter adventures in the mountains. This latest incarnation of the Freerider Pro has a new roll-top closure. This allows you to expand the capacity of the pack by 10 litres. The roll-top itself is also fitted with a stowable strap for the attachment of extra kit or a climbing rope, or to compress the roll-top itself. At times during the day when you don’t need your skis, snowshoes or snowboard, they can be attached to the outside of the pack quickly and easily using two dedicated gear straps; skis can be affixed diagonally across the back or in an A-frame, a snowboard or snowshoes in an upright position. These versatile gear straps can also be used for compression.
And when you stop for a break, you don’t have to unstrap your equipment. Because you can access the main compartment via the rear opening that opens out fully for better contents location. Our new hard-wearing, breathable, snow-resistant fabric also ensures both the carry system and your back remain dry.
- Alpine System: The system combines a firm, secure fit with the ultimate in carrying comfort and pleasant ventilation between the two Softstripe back pads.
- Delrin U-frames: Delrin U-frames guarantee good load transfer with the minimum of extra weight.
- Hip Fin with Loops: Hip fin with a material loop, ice clipper loop and zip pocket.
- Adjustable Sternum Belt: A smoothly adjustable sternum belt ensures the backpack is fixed firmly to the shoulders.
- Load Adjustment Straps: For the individual adjustment of the load distribution on the shoulders.
- Ice Axe Attachment: Attachment for pick/ice axe.
- Shovel Compartment: Reinforced compartment for shovel blade and shaft.
- Modular Ski Attachment: Modular ski attachment of skis, snowboard, or snowshoes on the outside of the rucksack. The specially designed attachment straps can be used a variety of ways. Skis can be attached diagonally or in an A-shape, snowshoes and snowboard vertically. The straps are also suitable for lateral compression.
- Zipped Access at the Back: The back can be opened at the back for easy access even on the mountain without getting the back dirty.
- Volume Expansion: You can get volume expansion through roll-top with stowable belt, which serves to fix and compress the load as well as the rope attachment.
- Helmet Mount: The helmet holder can be attached to the front of the backpack so that the helmet sits securely and firmly on the backpack.
- Elasticated Inner Compartment: Elasticated inner compartment for storing wet/sweaty clothing, water reservoir, etc.
- Sunglasses Holder: Holder for sunglasses on the shoulder strap.
- SOS Label: Provides the necessary instructions of what to do in an emergency.
- Compatible with 3.0 Litre Drinking System/Bag: Compatible with all Deuter drinking systems up to a volume of 3 litres (except with the Streamer 1.5L due to its special shape).
- Inner Compartment for Valuables: Special compartment in the inside of the backpack to keep your valuables safe.
- PFC Free: To ensure the water and dirt repellent properties, we use a Durable Water Repellency (DWR) coating that is safe for health and environmentally friendly and completely PFC free. This special surface treatment causes water to roll off the outside of the textiles. This keeps the material dry and nature clean.