With its revolutionary, patent-pending design made possible by our in-house hot forge, the Black Diamond GridLock Screwgate eliminates the dangers of cross loading. Designed specifically for belaying, the intuitive, easy-to-use GridLock isolates the belay loop behind its uniquely shaped gate, thereby keeping the carabiner in its proper orientation. The GridLock's I-beam spine transitions into a large, rounded rope-bearing surface for maximum strength and smooth rope feeding. Simply put, you'll never have to deal with a shifting, cross-loaded belay carabiner again.
- Hot-forged construction
- I -beam spine transitions into a rounded, large ropebearing
- Intuitive and easy-to-use design
- Screwgate sleeve
- Patented, innovative design isolates belay loop to
- eliminate cross-loading
- Isolates belay loop
- Type H or HMS connector. For dynamic belaying using a Munter Hitch or belay device.
- Weight: 76 g (2.7 oz)
- Closed Gate Strength: 22 kN (4,946 lbf)
- Open Gate Strength: 8 kN (1,798 lbf)
- Minor Axis Strength: 7 kN (1,574 lbf)
- Gate Opening: 21 mm (0.83 in)