The Hovercraft Split is purpose built to surf the earth and features a directional shape that truly shines in the backcountry.
It's nimble, squat outline provides the float of a much longer board, and the short running length makes it super maneuverable in the tight trees and skinning up. The blunt nose and directional rocker of the Hovercraft keep you surfin' on top of the soft stuff, while the stiff tail keeps you stable through any unexpected crust. For added edge grip on icy skin tracks or firm descents, the Hovercraft Split features Inner/ Outer Traction Tech 2.0 edges. Fresh for 21/22, the Hovercraft has a new look with a refined Engineered Veneer Topsheet and a black + transparent base plus laser etched topsheet markings that eliminate all solvent inks. Without any inks on the board, not even the sidewalls, the new Hovercraft is the most sustainably produced board we've ever made! We've also upgraded the Hovercraft Split's clips to the stronger and lighter Karakoram Ultra Clips 1.0.
- Inside & outside Traction Tech 2.0: Like a serrated knife slicing into the snow, Traction Tech improves your edge grip by adding multiple contact points along the running length of your board.
- Inner edge Traction Tech: Inner edge Traction Tech improves splitboard edge grip on ascent. Three sidecut bumps on each side of your binding keep your locked in on icy skin tracks no matter which way you are traversing.
- Progressive Sidecut: At the far ends of the sidecut, the radius is incrementally increased as the edge reaches the contact point. Gradually increasing the sidecut radius towards the contact point delivers smoother turn initiation and exit as the edge tracks in and out of the snow with a less abrupt transition.
- Quick Tension Tail Clip: Built-in climbing skin tension system using pre-cut notch that eliminates the need for a traditional skin tail clip.
- Directional Flex Pattern: Off set tip-to-tail flex pattern that is designed for directional freeride boards. The nose, center of board and tail are slightly different stiffnesses to help lift the nose, sink the tail and improve stability at speed.
- V-core: Jones exclusive wood core profiling that offers a stable and playful board feel. The wood core is softer between the feet for easy turn initiation and stiffer in the nose and tail for stability riding through uneven terrain and landing airs.
- Blunt Nose: How a board glides in powder, crust, corn or any snow more than an inch deep, is dictated by it’s front contact point and just past it. Next time you are in soft snow watch how much snow comes over the corner of the nose near the contact point. The billowing snow coming out from behind the tip means you are plowing through it which is obviously slowing you down. By adding a blunt nose you get the float benefits of a much longer nose without the ‘snow plow’ rounded tip and it’s extra swing weight. - Jeremy Jones