Designed for all backcountry enthusiasts, the Kresta 30 includes multiple options for ski and snowboard attachment, fast and easy access to critical snow safety gear, and other winter-specific features. Safety is paramount in the backcountry and a large J-zip front pocket with multiple zippers keeps your shovel and probe ready at a moment’s notice. When you are on the move and need to transition or grab a snack, backpanel access through the snow-shedding Thermoformed backpanel keeps your gear dry and a zippered top panel provides additional and convenient access. Even when loaded with up to 30lbs the LightWire suspension, padded hipbelt and contoured shoulder straps provide a comfortable carry even when breaking trail toward distant peaks. On the outside of the pack, you’ll find straps for a variety of ski and snowboard carrying options and an ice axe loop for technical ascents. All contact points are reinforced to minimize wear from metal edges .A built-in back pocket for a hydration reservoir routes through the insulated shoulder harness to prevent freezing. Other winter-specific features include a stowable helmet carry system, ice axe loop, and a scratch-free goggle pocket. Glove friendly buckles and zippers poles let you keep your hands covered when you’re making the transition from skins to skis on the summit.
- AVALANCHE SAFETY KIT POCKET: A quick-access extended J-zipper with an extra-large opening provides access to avalanche safety gear secured inside the pack. An easy-to-find third zipper pull allows rapid access if a helmet, skis or snowboard are being carried on the pack. The large pockets accommodate large shovel blades and the dual center sleeves secure extra-long probes and shovel handles.
- HELMET CARRY: Dual-position, deployable helmet net quickly and securely stows helmets for a comfortable ascent. The helmet carry can be deployed to the front panel or top of the pack as to not block the preferred ski- or snowboard-carry options.
- Glove Friendly - Glove friendly zipper pulls and buckles allow for quick and easy use in adverse conditions.
- Panel Load Access - Extra-large front panel j-zip access to avalanche safety pocket with shovel handle and probe sleeves.
- Horizontal Backpanel Snowboard Carry - A reinforced hipbelt wing provides quick horizontal carry across the backpanel of the backpack.
- Hipbelt Pockets - Dual, articulated zippered hipbelt pockets for one hand use provide quick access to essentials.
- Backpanel Access - Dual zippered access to dry storage and hydration compartment.
- A-frame Ski Carry - Lower reinforced ski carry loops and upper side carry straps provide secure and comfortable A-frame ski carry.
- Side Compression - Dual upper and lower side compression help keep the pack load stable and compressed.
- Tuckaway Ice Tool Loop - Single tool loop provides secure attachment on technical ascents and also tuckaway when not in use.