The new Maestrale RS is the perfect blend of performance and backcountry functionality. The RS utilizes a bi-injection carbon-infused Grilamid® Lambda Frame shell to add power and rigidity without adding weight. The Thor cuff, which now utilizes Grilamid Bio - a planet friendly, renewable resource - also increases torsional rigidity while also providing a 60-degree range of motion for long efficient strides. The HRS strap keeps your heel planted where it should be to increase performance and comfort on the way up and down while the lower Wave Closure system provides the same security as a 2-buckle system at a fraction of the weight. The glove-friendly Finger Strap features RECCO® Technology for increased avalanche searchability. The Maestrale RS is for experienced backcountry skiers looking for uncompromising performance.
- Bi-injection Lambda Frame shell using Grilamid® and Carbon Grilamid® LFT for high torsional rigidity.
- Planet-friendly Grilamid® Bio Thor Cuff — Developed by our long-time partner Ems-Grivory, Grilamid Bio comes from their GREENLINE of bio-based polyamides. Using plant derived Castor oil rather than petroleum based oil, Grilamid Bio significantly reduces CO2 emissions during production, while maintaining the outstanding properties of rigidity and elasticity required. Castor plants grow well in semi-arid regions and do not compete with food crops, making it an excellent alternative to fossil based sources. Grilamid Bio is non-biodegradable, but is completely recyclable.
- Speedlock XT Ski/Walk mechanism is friction free and rock solid.
- HRS Strap keeps your heel locked into place.
- Intuition® liner is thermoformable and guarantees a warm, precise, comfortable fit.
- Wave Closure System: The Wave closure system, made exclusively for SCARPA®, delivers two buckle closure strength security without adding extra weight.
- Weight: 1450g; 3lbs 4.6oz (1/2 pair size 27)
- Last: 101mm
- Outsole: Vibram® Cayman PRO
- Shell: Carbon Grilamid® LFT
- Cuff: Grilamid® Bio
- Tongue: Pebax®
- Flex: 125
- Forward Lean: 16º +/- 2º
- Range of Motion: 56º