The Mind Expander Split was built for the creative rider who weaves nimble and playful lines as they slash through the backcountry.
Designed by surf shaper Chris Christenson and Jeremy Jones, the Mind Expander Split features a hybrid directional shape with a blunt nose for epic float in pow, a full size tail for legit freestyle performance, and a short sidecut for snappy turn potential. New for 22/23, the Mind Expander Split now features a Surf Camber profile for better edge hold in variable conditions and the stance was moved forward 20mm for improved carving performance. To keep the playful board feel, the Control Split Core has V-core profiling that gives the board a softer flex between the feet for easy turn initiation and a stiffer flex in the tips so you won’t fold the nose. For enhanced grip on icy skintracks or firm descents the Mind Expander Split has Inner/Outer Traction Tech 1.0 edges, and for unmatched torsional board connection in ride mode, the Mind Expander Split features the Boltless Bridge plus Karakoram Ultra Clips 2.0 and Tip-Lock Tip Clips.
- Karakoram Tip-Lock Tip Clips: Every splitboarder knows the feeling — you drop into a firm line and your tip clip pops open! Never again. Using Active Joining Technology, the Karakoram Tip-Lock tip clips lock and clamp the tips of your splitboard with the flick of the lever.
- Boltless Bridge: Less hardware, more power. The Bolt-less Bridge eliminates split clip hardware from the base of the board and enhances split connection by re-profiling the woodcore under the clips.
- Premium Sintered Base: Life's too short to ride slow bases! All our boards have hyper fast sintered bases made from super durable and wax absorbent premium P-tex.
- Karakoram Ultra Clips: Ultra clips are the strongest, lowest profile splitboard clips in the world. They deliver unmatched compression between board halves and they are adjustable so you can maintain even compression as your splitboard ages.
- Inner/Outer Traction Tech Edges: Lock in up and down. Traction Tech on inside and outside split edges improves grip on icy skintracks or firm descents.
- Biax Fiberglass: A dual-direction, dual-layer, stitched fiberglass laminate that provides a fun, forgiving, and snappy ride.
- Sustainably Sourced Woodcore: All Jones woodcores are made from wood species that have been sustainably grown and harvested.
- Factory Tuned, Ready to Shred: Buy it, mount it, rip it! All boards leave the factory ready to ride with de-tuned tip and tail, edges angled at 90º/0º, and bases waxed with Wend natural wax.
- Forever Flex: Forever Flex is a new manufacturing process that helps stabilize the flex and rocker of a board for its lifetime.
- Sustainably Made, Built By the Sun: We strive to make gear with the least carbon footprint possible. All boards built with Bio Resin, recycled side walls and edges, and sustainably sourced woodcores and topsheets. Jones boards are also now built with 100% solar power.
- Inside & outside Traction Tech 2.0: Like a serrated knife slicing into the snow, Traction Tech improves your edge grip by adding multiple contact points along the running length of your board.
- Inner edge Traction Tech: Inner edge Traction Tech improves splitboard edge grip on ascent. Three sidecut bumps on each side of your binding keep your locked in on icy skin tracks no matter which way you are traversing.
- Progressive sidecut: At the far ends of the sidecut, the radius is incrementally increased as the edge reaches the contact point. Gradually increasing the sidecut radius towards the contact point delivers smoother turn initiation and exit as the edge tracks in and out of the snow with a less abrupt transition.
- Quick Tension Tail Clip: Built-in climbing skin tension system using pre-cut notch that eliminates the need for a traditional skin tail clip.
- Boltless Bridge: The Boltless Bridge eliminates split clip attachment hardware from the base of the board by re-profiling the wood core at the clips. The wood core under the clips is thicker, providing better torsional stiffness and a more powerful connection at the split clips.
- V-core: Jones exclusive wood core profiling that offers a stable and playful board feel. The wood core is softer between the feet for easy turn initiation and stiffer in the nose and tail for stability riding through uneven terrain and landing airs.
- Blunt nose: "How a board glides in powder, crust, corn or any snow more than an inch deep, is dictated by it’s front contact point and just past it. Next time you are in soft snow watch how much snow comes over the corner of the nose near the contact point. The billowing snow coming out from behind the tip means you are plowing through it which is obviously slowing you down. By adding a blunt nose you get the float benefits of a much longer nose without the ‘snow plow’ rounded tip and it’s extra swing weight". - Jeremy Jones
- Profile: Custom rocker/camber flex pattern designed by surf shaper Chris Christenson. The rockered tip floats the board’s nose and improves maneuverability while the camber underfoot provides edge hold and response. A slightly rockered tail maintains the power and stability of a traditional board and helps keep the tail catch-free initiating turns and landing switch.
|Board Weight (lbs)
|Contact Length (cm)
|Effective Edge Length (cm)
|Sidecut Radius (m)
|Centered Stance (cm/in)
|Waist Width (cm)
|Underfoot Width - Front Foot (cm)
|Underfoot Width - Rear Foot (cm)