Peenuts have the same asymmetrical taper as Alloy Offsets, allowing them to protect flared and irregular shaped cracks more effectively than symmetrical nuts. Their large surface area helps dissipate forces, making them suitable for protecting fragile rock.
- Micro protection for small cracks
- As climbs become harder, the need to make the most of all available protection increases. Micro protection lets you protect cracks which normal sized pieces would not fit. Having these wires on your rack gives you more options.
- Asymmetrical taper gives stable placements in offset cracks
- Nuts with an offset taper protect cracks where normal nuts would not sit properly, such as flared cracks and peg scars. Use in combination with normal nuts to find security in almost any crack.
- Large surface area effectively dissipates force. These nuts have large surface areas that spread forces in a fall across a greater area, increasing placement security in fragile rock. They increase security on routes where fragile rock may be encountered.
- Colour coded for easy size identification
- The DMM protection range is colour coded for quick and easy size selection. Colours are co-ordinated across passive and active protection, for quick selection of alternatives if your first choice doesn't fit.
- Passive protection works in wet and icy conditions
- Passive protection works by jamming in constrictions to prevent falls. It is suitable for use in all conditions. Unlike active protection such as cams, passive protection can be used in wet or icy cracks, where friction is reduced.
- Peenut 1:Red
Range: 6.5 / 11.5mm
- Peenut 2: Grey
Range: 6.8 / 12.1mm
- Peenut 3: Purple
Range: 7.8 / 12.7mm
- Peenut 4 Green
Range: 8.9 / 13.2mm
- Peenut 5: Silver
Range: 9.2 / 13.9mm