The Ripstick 106 is the ultimate freeride ski for any terrain. From boundary line to base lodge, peak to parking lot, and trailhead to tailgate this ski excels in all conditions. No wonder it's Glen's favorite ski from the Elan collection!
There's a fine line to walk when building your freeride quiver - the widest skis lack performance on hardpack, while narrower skis don't offer enough floatation, causing you fall behind your buddies on deep days. The Ripstick 106 with Amphibio Carbon Line Technology is the solution, as it's the perfect width for a one-ski quiver and offers an unmatched duo of grip and floatation. It's built for skiers seeking exceptional performance while exploring the entire mountain. It's a smooth ride no matter where you take it - front side, steeps, trees, or exploring untouched terrain, this lightweight versatile ski is up for any challenge. Amphibio profile, Carbon Rods, and SST Sidewall supply the perfect blend of power, smoothness, maneuverability, and precision. It's hard to argue with Plake: »This is the one ski I can take anywhere in the world and trust it in any condition.
- Ski Weight (g/ski): 1830 +/- 50g (180)
- Profile: Amphibio
- Technology: Carbon Rods, VaporTip, Fiberglass, TubeLite Woodcore, Carbon Line Technology, SST Sidewall.
- Amphibio Carbon Line Technology: Amphibio Carbon Line technology is a combination of innovations that provide the best balance of lightweight construction with power and performance. Amphibio Carbon Line technology elevates the asymmetrical ski design to the next level by strategically locating carbon reinforcement over the inside edges of the skis providing more power in the turn, while carbon rods inserted into the woodcore maximize weight savings and overall stability. The end result is an extremely lightweight high performance ski with uncompromised versatility and smooth performance.
- Amphibio Profile: Amphibio technology is a revolutionary ski design that integrates both rocker and camber profiles into dedicated left and right skis. Amphibio skis feature a cambered inside edge assuring precision, edge grip and stability - while a rockered outside edge provides forgiveness, turning ease and smooth transitions.
- SST Construction: The SST Construction provides quick, nimble, and direct power transmission from the ski to snow as well as providing exceptional torsional rigidity.
- Tubelite Woodcore: To create the Tubelite Woodcore, two super lightweight Carbon tubes are inserted into a lightweight laminated wood core. These tubes run the length of the ski following the arc of the side cut. They provide torsional stability and powerful rebound while allowing for material reduction of the core. The result is incredible lightweight response and stability.
- Carbon Rods Reinforcement: Lightweight Carbon tubes inserted into the ski and run the length of the ski following the arc of the side cut. The carbon tubes provide torsional stability and powerful rebound while allowing for material reduction of the core. The result is incredible lightweight response and stability.
- Vaportip Reinforcement: Vapor inserts are advanced composites integrated into the tip and tail area of the ski's core. These inserts reduce weight and vibration, dramatically improving stability and ensuring a smooth ride even in the most demanding conditions.
- Fiberglass Reinforcement: Fiberglass reinforcement optimizes the flex pattern and enhances torsional rigidity of the ski. The fiberglass is positioned either above or below the ski core and improves a skis structural integrity.
|Ski Weight (g/ski)