Glen Plake's Ripstick of choice gets the added power of carbon, giving this ski an extra gear in a prestigious package that begs you to put the pedal down and give 'er some gas.
A Black Edition Ripstick 106 was in high demand after the power of Black Edition was unleashed on its narrower counterpart, the Ripstick 96. Without hesitation, the 106 has taken to the carbon Black Edition upgrade; assuming all its power, confidence and versatility. As a ski designed for those exploring all that the mountain has to offer, the addition of light, stable carbon materials and a sleek all-black carbon finish enhances the look and feel of Glen Plake’s choice sticks. Packed with all of our best technologies, like Tubelite Woodcore, Vapor Tip Inserts, and Amphibio profile, the Ripstick Black Edition floats like a butterfly and stings like a bee.
- Amphibio Profile: Amphibio technology is a revolutionary ski design that integrates both rocker and camber profiles into dedicated left and right skis. Amphibio skis feature a cambered inside edge assuring precision, edge grip and stability - while a rockered outside edge provides forgiveness, turning ease and smooth transitions.
- SST Construction: The SST Construction provides quick, nimble and direct power transmission from the ski to snow as well as providing exceptional torsional rigidity.
- TubeLite Woodcore: To create the TubeLite Woodcore, two super lightweight Carbon tubes are inserted into a lightweight laminated wood core. These tubes run the length of the ski following the arc of the side cut. They provide torsional stability and powerful rebound while allowing for material reduction of the core. The result is incredible lightweight response and stability.
- Carbon: Carbon is a lightweight and strong material that provides additional support and reinforcement in the part where needed the most.
- Vapor Reinforcement: Vapor inserts are advanced composites integrated into the tip and tail area of the ski's core. These inserts reduce weight and vibration, dramatically improving stability and ensuring a smooth ride even in the most demanding conditions.