Praised by magazine testers and professional skiers alike for it's unique blend of lightweight performance, the Ripstick 96 is proven to be the ultimate freeride ski in all snow conditions. If a smoothness indicator existed for skis, the Ripstick 96 would be off the charts!
It is a true freeride ski that doubles as an all-mountain ski for those who want ultimate versatility on the mountain. It utilizes Amphibio Carbon Line Technology for dynamic power and precision and a re-shaped tip and tail taper design make it a perfect choice for every day, every turn shape, on any surface. It's wide enough to handle powder, yet narrow enough in the waist to grip and rip on the front side. With Amphibio profile for exceptional maneuverability and edge grip, SST sidewalls for direct power transmission, and Amphibio Carbon Line technology for stability and ease at any speed, the second generation of this multiple award winning ski provides a silky smooth ride no matter where your mountain exploration takes you.
- Ski Weight (g/ski): 1650 +/- 50g (180)
- Profile: Amphibio
- Technology: Carbon Rods, VaporTip, Fibreglass, Tubelite Woodcore, Carbon Line Technology, SST Sidewall.
- Amphibio Carbon Line Technology: Amphibio Carbon Line technology is a combination of innovations that provide the best balance of lightweight construction with power and performance. Amphibio Carbon Line technology elevates the asymmetrical ski design to the next level by strategically locating carbon reinforcement over the inside edges of the skis providing more power in the turn, while carbon rods inserted into the woodcore maximize weight savings and overall stability. The end result is an extremely lightweight high performance ski with uncompromised versatility and smooth performance.
- Amphibio Profile: Amphibio technology is a revolutionary ski design that integrates both rocker and camber profiles into dedicated left and right skis. Amphibio skis feature a cambered inside edge assuring precision, edge grip and stability - while a rockered outside edge provides forgiveness, turning ease and smooth transitions.
- SST Construction: The SST Construction provides quick, nimble, and direct power transmission from the ski to snow as well as providing exceptional torsional rigidity.
- Tubelite Woodcore: To create the Tubelite Woodcore, two super lightweight Carbon tubes are inserted into a lightweight laminated wood core. These tubes run the length of the ski following the arc of the side cut. They provide torsional stability and powerful rebound while allowing for material reduction of the core. The result is incredible lightweight response and stability.
- Carbon Rods Reinforcement: Lightweight Carbon tubes inserted into the ski and run the length of the ski following the arc of the side cut. The carbon tubes provide torsional stability and powerful rebound while allowing for material reduction of the core. The result is incredible lightweight response and stability.
- Vaportip Reinforcement: Vapor inserts are advanced composites integrated into the tip and tail area of the ski's core. These inserts reduce weight and vibration, dramatically improving stability and ensuring a smooth ride even in the most demanding conditions.
- Fiberglass Reinforcement: Fiberglass reinforcement optimizes the flex pattern and enhances torsional rigidity of the ski. The fiberglass is positioned either above or below the ski core and improves a skis structural integrity.
|Ski Weight (g/ski)