The surfy speed racer. The Storm Chaser Split unlocks access to those remote frozen swells and packs insane float into a short, but still high volume splitboard.
The ultra-wide waist width maximizes the float of the shortened running length and the Surf Rocker profile pops the nose even further out of the snow when you step on the gas. The Storm Chaser’s short sidecut will have you ripping tight tree runs like a GS course on even the deepest days. The unique shape is matched with Inner/Outer Traction Tech 1.0 edges for enhanced grip on icy skintracks or firm descents and the Boltless Bridge plus Karakoram Ultra Clips and Tip-Lock Tip Clips for unmatched torsional board connection in ride mode. New for 2021, we’ve re-profiled the Storm Chaser Split’s Control Split Core for added pop between the feet.
- Inside and Outside Traction Tech 1.0: Like a serrated knife slicing into the snow, Traction Tech improves your edge grip by adding multiple contact points along the running length of your board.
- Progressive Sidecut: At the far ends of the sidecut, the radius is incrementally increased as the edge reaches the contact point. Gradually increasing the sidecut radius towards the contact point delivers smoother turn initiation and exit as the edge tracks in and out of the snow with a less abrupt transition.
- Quick Tension Tailclip: Built-in climbing skin tension system using pre-cut notch that eliminates the need for a traditional skin tail clip.
- Boltless Bridge: The Boltless Bridge eliminates split clip attachment hardware from the base of the board by re-profiling the wood core at the clips. The wood core under the clips is thicker, providing better torsional stiffness and a more powerful connection at the split clips.
- Directional Flex Pattern: Off set tip-to-tail flex pattern that is designed for directional freeride boards. The nose, center of board and tail are slightly different stiffnesses to help lift the nose, sink the tail and improve stability at speed.
- V-core: Jones exclusive wood core profiling that offers a stable and playful board feel. The wood core is softer between the feet for easy turn initiation and stiffer in the nose and tail for stability riding through uneven terrain and landing airs.
- Christenson Surf Rocker: Custom tip/tail rocker profile designed by surf shaper Chris Christenson for the Mind Expander, Mountain Surfer and Storm Chaser. The nose rocker starts just inside of the front inserts and the tail rocker starts just at the back inserts. When you weight the tail of the board the nose ramps up out of the snow for insane float on the deepest days. These subtle rocker contours match a Christenson surfboard rocker profile.