The Surge ST is trusted by professional big line riders and mountain town legends alike. It’s a powerful binding perfect for big days and big lines.
Solid baseplate design, stiffer Asym Rip ‘N’ Flip Highbacks, and more supportive Pillow Line Ankle Straps combine to give riders greater control in demanding terrain. All Surge ST bindings incorporate our industry-leading Tesla T1 technology. Our NEW Smooth Touring (ST) Tech is featured on our ST Brackets and ST Whammy Bars. These components utilize a proprietary thermoplastic blend that is molded over the metal part reducing friction, increasing durability, and improving touring efficiency.
In the Box: Splitboard bindings, ST Brackets, T1 Heel Rests, mounting screws, and Spark Pocket Tool.
What else do I need? A set of Spark Pucks or Spark Canted Pucks.
- Weight: 1.52 lbs/ea (689g) - 3.04 lbs/pr (1378g) - Medium
- Surge Asym Rip 'N' Flip Highbacks: Our NEW Surge ST Asym Rip ‘N’ Flip Highback has a high amount of glass fiber fill for a stiff ride and maximum response. The Asym Highbacks have been redesigned in 22/23 and now feature individual left and right highbacks for improved ergonomics. The upper section of the highback is flatter allowing for increased lateral mobility. All Rip ‘N’ Flip highbacks incorporate a tool-free forward lean adjuster (FLAD) that easily toggles between tour and ride mode.
- ST Touring Brackets: ST Touring Brackets incorporate the best features of aluminum and thermoplastics. We overmold our custom plastic blend over and through the holes in the aluminum base, forming bushings that last four times longer than their previous brass version.
- ST Whammy Bars: The ST Whammy Bar climbing wire is built right into the baseplate. Overmolded plastic where the bar contacts the baseplate allows for super-smooth climbing wire position changes in the steeps. You can switch easily from stowed, to low (12°), to high (18°), and back again while touring.
- Pillow Line Straps: Pillow Line Straps are lightweight, durable, comfortable, waterproof, one-piece molded construction, and made 100% in-house. Surge ST Ankle Straps are wide and asymmetrical around the boot for incredible all-around support. Toe straps are designed to be used as a toe cap, but also fit nicely as a traditional strap across the top of the boot.
Sizing: We have combined our two sizing charts together into one unisex line. No men's or women's specific bindings, just splitboard bindings for splitboarders.