Specifically designed for women, the fit and performance of the women’s Forge offers female trekkers the ultimate experience for long days on the trail. Features Nubuck leather, all the innovative technologies and is built around a fully anatomical women’s specific last. This last is built around the shape of the female foot with reduced volume in the heel, forefoot and instep areas as well as women specific positioning of the malleolar pads. The C.A.S. customizable footbed is also pre-shaped on a women’s last further enhancing the performance and comfort. The result is a great out-of-the box fit. The customization capabilities fine-tune the fit, especially addressing those who need more foot and heel hold eliminating the pain and blistering that results from shoes that are not lasted for women.
- The Overlap Design: Relieves pressure points on the larger and more sensitive medial malleolar pad. Allows more space for customization inserts on the inner Malleolar pad, where there is usually the worst variation.
- Self Locking Lace Design: Precise micro-adjustability. No lace loosening while walking.
- Adaptive Upper Materials: High-level of adaptability during customization. High-level of flexibility and comfort while walking.
- Adaptive Sole Design: Lower midsole layer: Soft density EVA allows the deformation of the lugs to adapt to different terrain. Central layer: hard ESS EVA protects the foot from hard, edgy rocks
- Vibram Megagrip: Technology and specific studs design allowing control and high performance in all conditions.
- Protection from Variable Conditions: Gore-tex: premium upper material offer watter repellency and durability. Gore-tex liners provide the ultimate combination of waterproofness and breathability.