The Range-BC is the next evolution in Atlas’s proven record of engineering high-performance backcountry snowshoes for the adventure ready! This innovative design is built around the single-piece Reactiv-Trac™ Frame with integrated saw-toothed aluminum traction rails providing lightweight stability and traction for backcountry exploration. Adding to the grip provided by the traction rails is the lightweight, low-profile BC Crampon, crafted from tempered steel and bringing the bite needed in the varying snow conditions above tree line. Designed to accommodate larger mountaineering and snowboard boots, the Range-BC’s PackFlat™ Binding features a field-replaceable urethane Z-strap that holds the foot securely. When not in use, the PackFlat Binding allows the snowshoes to nest together for easy and efficient packability. Rounding out the design are 19° heel lifts that reduce calf and tendon strain on those steep ascents.
- Terrain: Backcountry
- Heel Lift: Yes
- Frame Technology: Reactiv-Trac™ Frame , Nytex Infinity Decking
- Binding Technology: Pack-Flat™
- Traction Technology: BC Crampon , Full Length Traction
- Articulation: Pivot Limiter
- Additional Technology: 19° Heel Lift , Rockered Footbed
- PackFlat™ Binding: The PackFlat™ binding accommodates larger mountaineering & snowboard boots, featuring a single urethane z-strap that holds the foot securely and is fully field-replaceable with the included BC Utility Strap. Designed to pack flat when not in use.
- Reactiv-Trac™ Frame: Our most recent patent, the variable forming of our aluminum ReactiV™ frame changes from a cylindrical to an elliptical shape to increase strength where the frame bears the greatest load for a stiffer, more responsive snowshoe frame.
- Nytex Infinity Decking: Designed to optimize surface area while also protecting the deck from abrasion, Infinity Decking integrates the deck below and inside the frame with a unique, sleek construction that eliminates frame wrap.
- Pivot Limiter: Pivot Limiter allows a more comfortable steadily stride.
- BC Crampon: Designed and tested to meet the standards of alpine adventurers, the BC is the lightest crampon in the Helium series. Crafted from tempered steel, this crampon’s tangs provide the bite needed in variable snow conditions. The BC crampon also maintains a low profile to complement the pack-flat binding.
- Traction Rails: Traction Rails run 2/3 length of snowshoe providing stability and control in all conditions, while still allowing tail to flex for natural gate.
- 19° Heel Lift: Provides relief when climbing those long steep hills, and easily stores for flats and descents.