The ZED defines the next evolution of high-performance touring bindings. Go lighter. Go further. Go hard.
- Go Lighter: Starting with the proven platform of the ION, we looked at every part, every mechanism, and every screw to evolve the idea of a fully featured binding at the lightest weight possible. With the ZED we set out to define the next generation of lightweight high-performance touring bindings.
- Go Further: As backcountry skiers, we focus on simplicity and efficiency to go further and do more in the mountains. With that same mindset we loaded the ZED with a full yet simplistic feature set that saves valuable weight and reliably has your back when you’re deep in the mountains.
- Go Hard: A binding can be light and simple for the hike up, but none of that matters if you can’t ski it the way you want. The ZED truly stands confident in a league of its own with all the power and performance of a much heavier modern touring binding, but packs it into a super light and simple package.
- Single screw for full adjustment of vertical & lateral release
- Simple, minimal Boot Stop for effective step-in guidance
- Streamlined shapes maintain full performance at minimal weight
- QuickFlick heel lifts are easy to manipulate with your ski pole
- Heel turret can be turned in either direction for touring
- Single tool simplicity with all binding mounts & adjustments (Pozi #3)
- 30 mm length adjustment on the heel to fine tune for each setup
- Toe jaw strength clears excess snow every time they close
- Anti-snowpacking features built into the toe and brake designs keep snow away and make for a confidence-inspiring step-in
- Optimal toe elasticity for maximum energy absorption & minimized prerelease
- 10 mm range of forward pressure in the heel to maintain consistent release
- Wide freeride mount transfers power to the ski & provides pull-out resistance
- The wide center support of the turret and a metal wrap-around base transfer power and precision to the ski
- Optional add-on brake is easy to install/uninstall
- Compatible with the ION Crampon for icy ascents